Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

The battery drain fast is there a recall on cadiallac

Customer Question

the battery drain fast is there a recall for this on cadiallac escalade 2003
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Cadillac Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it drain in a matter of hrs radio will not work speed odo
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: it I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: 190000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  tripletauto replied 1 year ago.

Did the radio ad speedometer quit at the same time? remove the radio fuse and see if drain goes away.

the best way to find the cause of a draw is to install an amp meter in line of the positive battery caable and see how much of a drain there is. you would need to wait for a few minutes for modules to go to sleep. then pull fuses one at a time and see which circuit is causing drain. I have seen several radios cause a drain so I would start with that fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speed quit working first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did the. Fuses on the negative side is there a recall on this problem

There is not a recall on an 03 for this. Some of the newer ones had a recall for a drain.