sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2008 Cadiallac CTS and the car would not start when

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2008 Cadiallac CTS and the car would not start when I tried to crank it. The keys were stuck in the ignition. I got the keys out, however the car will not start and there a symbol in the cluster that shows a car and a lock. Is this the anti-theft activated and how do I deactivate it, if that is the problem. Please help!!!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the dome lamp was on all night and now it won't start then there is a very good chance all that is wrong is the battery is dead. Depending on how bad the battery is discharged, it's condition, the jumper cables and jump vehicle you may not be able to jump start it.

Do you have a digital voltmeter?