Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

I just bought a 2003 Cadillac CTS. It runs half way decent,

Customer Question

I just bought a 2003 Cadillac CTS. It runs half way decent, but has many codes. I want to start fixing them. Please start with the easiest first how to fix. Codes U1300, P2107, P0161, P0058, P0150, P0300, P0302, P0303, P0304, P1629.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction. The p03xx codes are misfire codes and generally the easiest to fix. What type of scanner are you using ? Can it read values of the engine running ? I will be on again tomorrow we can continue. Have a good night. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a snap on scanner. Just bought it and I know it can do a lot of stuff but not sure how to do everything yet
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok the P0300,302,303,304 are all misfire codes.

the P2107 is for a failed or failing throttle body

P0161 is oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 2 failed

P0058 is also for oxygen sensor

P0150 is bank 2 sensor 1

P1629 is is most likely a failed engine control module :(

U1300 is also pointing to the ecm and throttle body. hope this helps.

Lou P.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a snap on scanner. I gave you the codes, which means I already know what they mean. I need your help fixing them step by step. Easiest first
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

do you not know how to check or fix a misfire?

the codes on your model are actually cut and dry, the misfire is the only thing that would need further diag. BUT the o2 sensors are most likely causing the misfire . i would unplug the o2 sensor on bank 2 before the cat and see how the car runs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the part numbers for the O2 sensor's bank 2 sensor 1 and 2?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

you looking for GM part numbers?

or ?

cause there can be multiple part numbers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gm
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok give me a few .

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Front

24402859 $121.84

Rear

24402860 $121.84

same sensors for both sides.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I replace them. I have a car lift
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

oxygen sensors just screw into the exhaust, they are a 21 mm or 7/8 wrench and also sometimes need a special socket that can be bought at any parts store, just depends on the location of the sensor, some are not easy to access.