FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

The Service Air Bag Light came on, on dashboard and also the

Customer Question

The Service Air Bag Light came on , on dashboard and also the number 4 is displayed on message center. The pictre of person in red is on the left side of message center. It is a 2006 STS
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was driving and the service air bag words came across my message center and the number 4 is also displayed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing as what we want to know is what the number 4 means
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if everything else seems to be working fine and if there are any other lights turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other lights are on but we started car this am and light is off
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Most of the time if the light comes and goes like this it is caused by a failing clock spring in the steering column or a bad occupant sensor. Typically it is the clock spring though. You may need to have this taken care of if it comes back. Please let me know if you need more help.