Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 1997 Cadilac 32V northstar Deville-I have put in a

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Cadilac 32V northstar Deville-I have put in a new battery-alternator.I have to start this car every day or it will not start. Today,I had service engine soon light come on.This car has been in a repair shop twice.Once it was ther because it wouldn't start.They had it a week started it every day (no problem) cost me 264.00.So,after taking it home and calling them they said nothing was wrong with it-but bring it back and they will check it again.So I have been starting it every day.Today a light came on service engine soon.We have had about 3 real bad rain days(but I still went out & started it).But today this light cameon.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  roybelding replied 9 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

we need the code that is stored to further narow down the reason the light is on. a parts store can do this for you for free. once this is done we can give you ideas of the possible failures

Roy