K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 00' Cadillac Seville and

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 00' Cadillac Seville and I'm trying to bypass my factory amp...I disconnected the harness from the factory amp now wht do I need to do??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well when I hook my speaker wires up I have no sound from my factory speakers
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 9 months ago.

Hello, two options here. You can run new wires from the stereo to each speaker or buy a bypass harnes such as this one. The wiring needed will depend on the RPO code which is the production option, it should be listed on a sticker in the glove box. You mayalso need to install a crossover for the tweeters and/or sub. I'll post the wiring diagrams below for you.

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.