ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  26 year GM master tech
19513769

My name is ***** *****. I just brought an 03 Cadillac

Customer Question

Hi Tim. My name is ***** *****. I just brought an 03 Cadillac Deville and a service tire monitor is on. While driving about 1/2 a mile the abs break light pops up. My question is can I fix these problems myself or take it to a mechanic
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The service tire monitor is on. While driving a 1/2 a mile the abs light pop on the dash. Can I fix it myself
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

to be able to fix both of those issues a scan tool will be needed to pull the codes in the ABS system to see what is triggering the ABS light to come on which can usually be one of the wheel speed sensors

as for the service tire monitor being on you would need to be sure all 4 tires are set to the correct pressure then drive it and see if it goes out if not a shop will need to try to perform a relearn with the tire scan tool if it still stays on or if one of the sensors will not learn usually it will need a tire sensor which is part of the tire valve stem inside each rim / wheel

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at justanswer