Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2005 Cadillac escalade, the navigation screen turn

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2005 Cadillac escalade, the navigation screen turn on and off (black screen)
I bought 2 used navigation on ebay , both had the same problem, do you know a way of fixing the problem ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Cadillac has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are describing and it sound like it may be the problem you are having as well with defective units. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Have a look and see its is useful. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/NAV%20Feb%2019.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron
Thank you for this useful information, does this means that GM will replace the unit for free, I owned this truck since 2005 I never received a recall
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In most cases a service bulletin dose not mean its covered under warranty and usually means you have to pay for the repair. Check with your dealer to be sure.