Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

My 2012 SRX premium is having issues accelerating at time

Customer Question

My 2012 SRX premium is having issues accelerating at time and will jerk at idle while in gear. I have learned it may be a old orfaulty throttle position sensor. I have 101,000 miles
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a multi meter and want to test the sensor, is it inside the throttle body under the hood?
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Do you have any more history on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No not really, the check engine light came on about 2 months ago and the Dealership told me I only had a bug caught in my mass air flow sensor, they claimed they cleaned it out but I am still having the problem and they charge an arm and a leg just to look at it.

I does not really sound like a throttle position sensor to me.

When were the spark plugs replaced? Have you had any other issues?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Coincidentally the check engine light came on today. So tomorrow I am going to use my buddies code reader and see what that's all about.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also the spark plugs are on my to do list..

Ok, let me know. I would like to see the fuel trims because they may help in a diagnosis.

I would replace the spark plugs as soon as possible and that may help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've been watching my average has mileage and it has dropped substantially. Normally I am averaging about 19 mpg and now I'm lucky to get 13 or 14

That really sounds like you have a misfire issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hey Jeromy, sorry for the late response. I finally got the codes from the diagnostic. I hope they will help get some questions answered as I've been to the local mechanic and they advised me to go to the Dealership with the codes because he didn't have a GM scanner to pinpoint the problem. My problem with the Dealership is the one here in town has a terrible service department. Anyways, I got 4 different codes pulled from the vehicle:P0171 Fuel System Lean B1
P0174 Fuel System Lean B2
P0446 Evap Vent System Performance
P2119 Throttle Closed Position Performance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also the spark plugs were checked and did not need replacing, according to the same mechanic.