Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

2005 CADDY CTS CAR TURNS OVER ATTEMPS TO START WONT RUN SOME

Customer Question

2005 CADDY CTS CAR TURNS OVER ATTEMPS TO START WONT RUN SOME TIMES THE STARTER TURNS IN THE RUN POTITION .
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hello

if the starter tries to turn with the key in the wrong position then I'd suspect that the ignition switch is faulty ?

I'd suggest removing the steering column trim so you can get to the back of the switch and use a meter to measure if you have 12V coming through on the run position terminals

if not then the switch will need to be replaced

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if the ignition switch is replaced does it have to be flashed by the dealer
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

hello

providing its just the ignition electrical switch thats replaced and not the key fob then there's no need to recode anything

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you