Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 CTS Cadillac ,After a autobody shop was done

Customer Question

Hi Rich I have a 2005 CTS Cadillac ,After a autobody shop was done working on it the windows wouldn't work.After taking the car back to the body shop he got the windows working,but then we noticed the gas ***** ***** didn't work.So we returned it to the body shop.They worked on it for a day and said they couldn't fix it.When they unplugged the computer then pluged it back in it would work for a min.or so then stop working completely.They finally said they wouldn't take responsibility for it. so I took it to my garage man.He dropped the tank,and replaced the sending unit.It worked for 2 min. and stopped ,the check engine lite come on ,and stayed on.He took the car back into the garage and traced wires and checked currcits ,fuses,etc. for 3 days.Nothing.He just called me and told me he cant fix it. He said he thinks the computer needs reset,or reprogramed.I checked on line and these CTS have fuel tank problems.Please help.Thanks Bill
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can you go into detail on the collision you had?

If the wiring from the fuel level indicators to the PCM is fine and the indicators in the tank are good that leaves the PCM and instrument cluster to blame. Does the PCM show the accurate fuel level?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Moose my wife hit a deer with the car. After that her windows didn't work. The bodyshop got the windows working after several trys but then the fuel tank stopped sending.My garage man dropped the tank and changed the level censer ,but from iam reading theres 2 level censers in the tank.Is that true 1 on eather side? How can he check if the level censer is bad?If one stops working will that stop the fuel gage from working? or could this be fixed by resetting the computer? thanks Bill

My sons and I try to lower the deer population every season.

There are 2 sending units both with the same color wires tan and light blue or dark blue. You OHM test across both wires while sloshing the fuel to see if the reading changes. The signal goes to the PCM first and then is sent out to the instrument cluster.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris