Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Greetings, I have a '97 ETC, it sat months outside, I

Customer Question

Greetings, I have a '97 ETC, it sat for several months outside, I charged the battery and attempted to start it. When I turned the key it would not crank. The various indicator icons on the cluster flashed several times and then the cluster went dark. The HVAC display is not working either. Lights and most everything else is working. ( I have a GM service manual for it) Thanks, ***** ***** Lapinsky
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I first tried to start it, it would run for a couple seconds and shut off. It has fresh gas . I took the battery out and charged it, after putting it back in it wouldn't crank, and the cluster quit working. I noticed a lot of moisture condensation in the trunk & interior from sitting (Pennsylvania winter)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does any lights in the dash work now?

can you turn on the headlamps?