sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

MY NAME IS ***** *****, ISSUE B0429 CURRENT IN 2004 DEVILLE,

Customer Question

HELLO, MY NAME IS ***** *****, ISSUE B0429 CURRENT IN 2004 DEVILLE
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: MAIN ISSUE IS VERY LITTLE POWER WHEN ACCELERATING AFTER BEING STOPPED, OR GOING UP A STEEP HILL. SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT IS ON AND THIS IS THE CODE I GOT.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

B0429 is for an issue with an actuator on the heater box and is related to a heat issue rather than driveability. The powertrain control module is where the codes related to the engine light and driveability problem need to be read. Do you know what codes are setting in the PCM?