Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Can I put an automatic ls1 motor into my 1997 cadillac

Customer Question

Can I put an automatic ls1 motor into my 1997 cadillac eldorado.corvette 5.7 v8 into a cadillac eldorado which is 4.6 v8
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I see no one has posted any info on this here if this can be done.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.I havent done this swap out myself here so its hard to say if this can be done.I would think the engine and transmission would need replaced as well as all wiring and mounts.I would speak with an auto repair center in your area if you can to see if they can tell you for sure if this can be done and what needs done to make this work here.If this is not an option for you let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete