Triston
Triston, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10yrs. exp ase master
10186415

The radio in my 91 Cadillac brougham does not work no power

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** radio in my 91 Cadillac brougham does not work no power and the antnna does not come up it lights up when the lights are on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well like I said nothing works I checked all the fuses I could find there is a tape stuck in it also but wont reject
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Triston replied 10 months ago.

First make sure the radio fuse has power in both side of the relay, if it only has power in one side replace the fuse, if it has no power reply back. If has power on both sides remove the radio, check for power on the yellow wire termina 8 and orange 13 and ground on terminal 1 black/white, if you don't have those signals reply back, if you do replace the radio. Lease give a positive rating. Thanks