Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I was told I need to get my throttle position sensor done on

Customer Question

Hi I was told I need to get my throttle position sensor done on my 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6. I bought just the sensor can that be changed or do I have to buy a whole throttle body?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** throttle position sensor is built into the throttle body so it cannot be independently replaced. Do you know what diagnostic codes you are getting? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I told the last expert it was running sluggish and hard to accelerate and he said its my throttle position sensor he said "change that and it should be fine"
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Is your check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check engine light is on and flashes
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

When the check engine light flashes it means you have a misfire which usually is caused by a failed ignition coil. I'd start by checking diagnostic codes which you can do at your your local parts store for free. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees if you run into questions. If you get a specific cylinder misfire code then swap that coil with another cylinder to see if misfire follows coil, if so replace the coil. Let me know if you have questions or would like replacement instructions. Thanks.