sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2003 Deville and the alarm just went off one

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Deville and the alarm just went off one evening in the drive way no lights just horn. Took my a minute to fine out which vehicle was sounding off by time i got the correct set of keys and opened hood and grabbed the fuse box under the hood it stopped. I don't use the cat very often. Try to start it a week or so later dead battery. Jump it few times over the next month and finely replace battery. New battery dead so look for drain problem. During investigation find horn fuse blown. Replace horn fuse now horn honks none stop. So it seems the security system is constantly tripped.thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm not sure that what you're hearing is actually the alarm. It sounds as if the horn is going off constantly and that's what is killing the battery, rather than the alarm going off. A failed horn switch would be most likely.

Is the horn honking constantly as if the button was being held down, or does it honk on and off along with the lights flashing?