Triston
Triston, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10yrs. exp ase master
10186415

I HAVE A 2007 CADILLAC CTS AND AFTER CHANGING THE AIR FILTER

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** , I HAVE A 2007 CADILLAC CTS AND AFTER CHANGING THE AIR FILTER I GOT A CODE P2128 THROTTLE BODY ISSUE
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I PUT A HIGH FLOW FILTER ON THE CTS AND AFTER I STARTED IT I GOT THE ENGINE POWER REDUCED WARNINNG I TOOK IT OFF AND REPLACED THE ORIGINAL PARTS AND CLEARED THE CODE BUT IT STILL SAYS THE SAME THING
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Triston replied 10 months ago.

You need to have a Gm dealer to and reprogram on the engine control module to fix the p2128, usually cost about $125. Please give a positive rating. Thanks