Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2010 Cadillac SRX I carried a friend home and now

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Cadillac SRX I carried a friend home and now it says I don't have a key fob when I just drove it so I put on the key fob holder in car I have replaced the battery in fob and in car is it major electronic system ????
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having with the FOBs is a know concern currently under investigation by GM and they have released a service bulletin dealing with this problem. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below and you are going to need to contact the dealer to have the repair performed. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fob%20programming%20Jan%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess you are saying it is in switch I waited an hour and realized my cd was in for push bottom took cd out and pressed brake and started ? Is this a recall or warrant on the switch or is this pricy to replace switch?? Thanks I could not pull up if it has warranty or recalls! Thanks for your answer no one did answer but you!!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You should contact you dealer because and see if this is something they will cover for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took apart a battery and one of the cables on batter I kept moving and some one tried to crank !! Going straight to dealer !! This because when put the new battery they didn't do it tight it correctly!! Now I no it is not the bottom!! Thanks so burch!!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome and thank you s well.