Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have key in pocket and then put in car and it says no key

Customer Question

I have key in pocket and then put in car and it says no key fob changed battery about a month ago and brand new car battery is this electronic problem
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello

1st check if the little red LED light is coming on the key fob when you push a button

if its not then try another fob battery

if thats OK then I'm sorry to say that a dealer or Caddy specialist will need to be involved to re-code the key to the car

and this involves plugging a diagnostic device into the car to perform this task

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you