Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2006 DTS. I blew the fuse cigarette lighter while

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2006 DTS. I blew the fuse for the cigarette lighter while trying to inflate a tire with a plug in tire pump plugged into the lighter socket. The manual shows a fuse under the rear seat entitled "Auxiliary Power Outlets". I changed that but still no joy. The Aux outlet in the center glove box is also now inoperative. Are there more fuses?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 10 months ago.

There are two fuses for the power outlets. Both are in the rear fuse panel. One is FPO fuse 14 other is FPO/CIG fuse 23. Double check both of these fuses and you should find the problem.

Just thought I would check back in with you to see if you needed any additional assistance with this matter.

Dave