Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I wanted to hook up a aftermarket reverse camera to my stock

Customer Question

Customer: i wanted to hook up a aftermarket reverse camera to my stock navigation screen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a stock navigation screen in my car i dont have a reverse camera though i wanted to buy a reverse camera and hook it up to my stock screen so when i put in reverse it shows on my stock screen instead of getting those aftermarket mirrors or extra screens
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this cannot be done with the factory head unit or display.In some cases adapter harnesses are needed and possibly the replacement of the head unit itself with an after market unit.This isnt saying this cannot be done on yours though.

If you can tell me the year and make and model of your vehicle as well as the model of the reverse camera you are looking at buying this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete