Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

2013 escalade front pass tire losses pressure over period of

Customer Question

2013 escalade front pass tire losses pressure over period of days. Of course it's worse in winter. What's the solution?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

If the tire is losing pressure over the course of a few days, it sounds like there is a slow leak in the tire. Check the tread of the tire and see if you can spot anything sticking into the tire, like a small nail. If there are no obvious problems, then the leak can be coming from the "bead" of the tire. If the cold weather makes the leak faster, this is more than likely the case. The tire will need to be removed from the rim, the rim sanded and then bead sealer can be applied to correct the leak. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.