Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

When I fill up with gas my starter turns, but won't start

Customer Question

when I fill up with gas my starter turns, but won't start until I press the gas petal.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common cause for a hard start after fueling can be caused by a failing purge valve and in most cases if the valve has failed the computer system will detect it and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to verify this the first thing you need to do is to have the system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to get this resolved.