Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 2007 Escalade with a 6.2 liter and every once in a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Escalade with a 6.2 liter and every once in a while I get a check engine light and service traction control and service stabilitrak warning come on. About the same time, it sometimes slips out of gear and sometimes sticks in 3rd gear when it engages again. Any ideas?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

It is very possible you have a throttle body failing. Do you have a scan tool? Can you check for codes?

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.