Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

1999 Cadillac Eldorado etc make noise similar to that of a

Customer Question

1999 Cadillac Eldorado etc make noise similar to that of a spark knock engine still idle smooth the noise is inconsistent with the engine RPM the noise also faint away but don't completey go away
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Cadillac has released a service bulletin that deals with the type of detonation noise you are describing and the steps to check it. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Detonation%20Jan%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The noise seem to come from the serpentine belt the sound is similar to that if you had a arching spark plug and when warming up it slighty faint away also my battery keep dying on me
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

If you remove the belt and run it for a few minutes dose the noise clear?