Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

The digital dash lights went out on my 1988 Cadillac Seville

Customer Question

Customer: The digital dash lights went out on my 1988 Cadillac Seville I've checked fuses and replaced Lights control cluster no help. can you give me directions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The digital lights speedometer turn signel lights on dash all dash lights except bulbs, the trip reset lights and the lights behind the lights control and wiler contrl panelsare on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

In most cases, this type of problem is associated with a faulty circuit board inside the central power supply (CPS). Now, since a faulty CPS would generate a trouble code, I need you to follow the instructions listed on the attached image and let me know the results.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do this , but I must go to the store first, How will I contact you after this is done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 3:19 here it maybe tomorrow before I can check this out

Same way you're doing it now. Don't worry, this chat is saved.

Best regards.

Hi again. Did you follow the instructions on the image I attached for you? Did you have any problems following those?