Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I cannot get my 2011 Cadillac SRX to activate XM radio. I

Customer Question

Customer: I cannot get my 2011 Cadillac SRX to activate XM radio. I subscribed to a trial offer and it activates initially, but after a few hours, it deactivates. XM told me to contact Cadillac.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is there a way to reset the XM satellite radio?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

There is not a reset, but there is a refresh procedure, which I have uploaded here for you. If it does not work, then there is an issue in the satellite receiver and will need to be diagnosed with GM factory level scan tool

To Reactivate/Refresh the XM Digital Radio Receiver, follow the steps below:

1. Tune radio to XM Channel 1 (Preview Channel), verify audio is heard. Tune to XM Channel 0 to obtain 8 digit XM radio ID. Allow 3-5 seconds for the text to page from XM RADIO ID to the actual ID number (press the clock button on the top-left bank of buttons if the display times out and returns to the date/time page). If Channel 0 cannot be tuned, connect the scan tool and navigate to the Module ID Information page and record the Radio ID. The Radio ID info is 8 alphanumeric characters.

2. Go to XM refresh website www.xmradio.com/oemrefresh and enter the 8 digit XM radio ID.

3. Park the vehicle where it may receive a clear satellite signal and have the vehicle running.

4. Tune radio to XM Channel 1 (Preview Channel).

5. The process may take up to 20 minutes to receive the complete XM. Channel list Notice: The refresh signal will be sent for 3 hours. The vehicle must be powered up within the 3 hour window to receive the refresh signal.

6. Verify the channels in the current channel lineup are available, to verify if the activation is complete. Notice: Occasionally XM will run an expanded preview mode where more than the normal preview channels will be heard (holidays, promotions, etc.) If the radio is also intended to receive data services (e.g. NavTraffic, local forecast, etc.), verify these authorized services are also received. If the channels are not available, tune back to XM. Channel 1 and continue the refresh.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks