Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My name is ***** *****
, I've been working on y

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been working on y daughters 85 Eldorado, has 40,000 miles, with the Goodwrench engine. Have had cascading failures. Replaced all secondary engine systems and fuel pump, regulator, injectors, etc, etc. When the car warms up, the injectors shut down and the car won't restart until cool. Many thanks!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The injector are controlled by the ground switching sign from the ECM (computer) so when you loose injector pulse start with checking to see if you have power to the power side of the injectors If you have power there them check and see if the signal from distributor reference high Purple/White wire to Electronic Control Module (ECM) while cranking. Should be 5 volts square wave. If you have this signal and the injector still will not pulse then you likely have a failing ECM.