Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

The Cadillac dealership I go to, verified that the 2010 SRX

Customer Question

The Cadillac dealership I go to, verified that the 2010 SRX Nav system (control panel, screen, radio/rec) fit in the 2012 SRX. It is all plug and play pretty much. If it's locked I will have to provide the VIN of the 2010 so they can unlock it (for $125), but according to them all should be well.2012 VIN 3GYFNAE32CS511916
2010 VIN 3GYFNAEY0AS558922I plan to make the swap it out myself. I have a 2012 SRX Luxury with bluetooth/handsfree/streaming, and a backup cam that shows in the rear view mirror. I want the backup cam to show on the popup screen.I need:
1. Diagram that shows what plugs in where (I'm pretty sure all the inputs are different so you can't put a plug in the wrong place, but just in case...).
2. That includes plugging the backup cam into the popup screen.
3. how to remove the necessary panels and the unit (I'm pretty sure the control unit only has 2 screws at the bottom, but I've never done this before)
3. What tools should I have
4. Anything I should know that I haven't asked
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for it to be unlocked your vehicle will have to be plugged into their computer to download the programming into the radio to unlock it.It isnt like the old style where you could enter the code once it was installed to unlock it,it has to be unlocked by them or an authorized repair center that has access to GM programming and they usually charge around an hours fee for this.

If you still want the info on how to install this yourself as well as wiring info let me know and I will see what I can locate.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need:I need:
3. tools I need
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

After looking through all of my info here unfortunately I dont show all that you need here for this to work myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete