Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

2013 xrs engine shuts off and all electronics shut down.

Customer Question

2013 xrs engine shuts off and all electronics shut down. Sometimes turn back on within seconds Sometimes need to remove ground from battery
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no consistency as to when it occurs maybe at any time under acceleration at a stop when slowing when accelerating
when sitting. Dealer can't find the problem have had it in 3 times now in again. blaming an extra lighter outlet I had installed is fused etc.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if the system is shutting down the computer should detect a problem and when this happens it should set and store a fault code. Can you have the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. Post back with the results and we can work from there.