Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a Cadillac Escalade 2000 it has problems switching

Customer Question

I have a Cadillac Escalade 2000 it has problems switching from 1st to 2nd the thing is once I get 20 to 25 miles an hour it goes right into gear but to get it to that speed I have to rub it up to 3500 to 4000 rpm it started doing this like when I put new spark plug myself any tips on what it might be?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem is internal or an electronic concern you need to start first with having the compute system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting which there should be if the problem is an electronic control issue. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause.