Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

08 escalade. Front door electrical locks and right external

Customer Question

08 escalade. Front door electrical locks and right external mirror turn signal stopped working at same time
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Which door lock up front has failed, driver or passenger or are you referring to the lock switch?

Have you checked for simply a bad bulb in the mirror?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you are unable to rate my response GOOD or EXCELLENT now. Please let me know why ( if I need to help more) and when you will be able to.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Neither front door will electrically lock or unlock. The lock/unlock switch on either front door will electrically lock/unlock both back doors but not the driver or front passenger door. The key fob acts the same way; it will lock/unlock back doors but not the front doors. Both front door locks work fine manually. The vehicle has turn signal indications in both, driver/passenger, side view mirrors. The turn signal indication in the passenger side mirror failed at same time both front door locks failed. Turn signal bulbs on front and rear quarter panels work fine. It's only the indication in the passenger side mirror that isn't working.Is there a single part that can fail causing all three of these malfunctions?

The only thing that could effect all of these things would be broken wiring in the passenger door jam. If that is fine then we need to diagnose each concern individually.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how would broken wire in passenger door jam effect driver side electrical lock

If you short 2 wires together, there will be no signal communication. You asked how the 2 issues could be effected and that is the only way I can see this to occur and this is the only place these circuits get close to each other.