sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6l I accidently touched the

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6l I accidently touched the opposite end of the top or hot end of the battery cable to the body of the car while trying to reconnect that end to fuse/relay box and a flash. My ingnition will not click when I turn the key and the instrument panel will not light up. The DIC says two reading "service AC and Service air bags". The OBD code is U0100. Lost communication with ECM/PCM A?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: SURE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: depends on a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found one fuse bad, 20, I/P PANEL ACCESSORY PANEL POWER OUTLET. When I pulled another fuse out the flashers began flashing except for the left front turner signal light on front of car.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Damage to multiple modules was almost certainly done. The U0100 sets in a module when that module isn't communicating with the powertrain control module. The PCM is the module that controls all engine functions and it not being operational is the reason the engine won't start.

If all fuses are good then the next step would be to test the powers and grounds at the PCM to make sure they're present, and then it can be condemned. Wiring problems almost surely wouldn't have resulted from the polarity issue, so if fuses are good then there is little chance the PCM hasn't failed.

An actual scan tool would be needed to further diagnose the rest of the problems. The other warning lights may be on because the PCM isn't operational but they may be separate issues, for instance the airbag module may have also failed. If these other warnings are present after the engine is running again then an actual scan tool will need to be used to see if the airbag module and a/c control head are communicating.