Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I am having trouble programming a 2007 Cadilac Escalade

Customer Question

I am having trouble programming a 2007 Cadilac Escalade radio Says Theftlock enabled
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Do you have any aftermarket accessories? How far does it get before it says failed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

No there are no aftermarket equipment. I have been in the OEM radio business for 43 years.I have run into situations like this before. for example i have had to program a radio as a 2008 even though the vehicle is a 2007.I was wondering if techs have had simalar experiances. the tech 2 requests a part number of unit which is not there. Now the original radio that was in the vehicle was not in the drop down box either however it worked.GM SI does not give specifics as to programming procedure on this one.If you have any advise that would be great

Please understand that the part number it wants is off the radio data list module information. Not from a sticker outside. If the radio number is ***** on the list then I have tried every number until I find one that works. You have about a 50% chance of getting it to work. otherwise getting a different radio is only option.