Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2009 CTS 4 Key fob and driver door trunk button do not work.

Customer Question

2009 CTS 4 Key fob and driver door trunk button do not work. What is the problem ?
fuse or trunk release relay ? if so where are they located ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This may just be the fuse or relay, however, GM decided to locate these in the rear compartment fuse block which is located by the battery in the trunk.

With neither the fob or the button working, you will need a locksmith to come out and pop the trunk

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I thought I would get answer from someone that had actually worked on a CTS. FYI I did not say I needed to open the trunk. The CTS has an emergency release. You told me nothing more than I already knew. I needed specific instructions. I got your email indicating the remaining charge of $21 will be made. I will challenge that charge if you proceed. Sorry this didn't help me at all. $5 is still too much to pay for nothing.