Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I just purchased a 2002 Seville with seat warmers and third

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2002 Seville with seat warmers and third party 6.2 in radio/DVD in the console. Thanks to your site I replaced the Oil Level to correct that problem and tried setting up Memory 1 and 2 which works for the mirrors and telescoping steering wheel but not the seat positions: each driver has to readjust that. I suspect the radio installation may have caused the problem. Is there a way to check connections to the memory?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, in order to pull the correct wiring diagrams for the memory seating, I just need to get the last 8 digits of the vin number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last eight digits for memory seat wiring diagram on 2002 Seville: 2U109948
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I will need you to check for power at the 2 orange wires at the memory seat module that is riveted to the underside frame of the front seat. I have uploaded directions for accessing it. If you have power at both wires, then the memory seat module is faulty and needs to be replaced. If not, then we will need to trace that wire that doesnt have power for a short

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am continuing to work on it as time and warmth permit. I discovered a series 75 battery in place so today I bought a series 79 -- same situation. I located the memory box under the seat and without removal of the seat tested 1 orange wire to be 12 V. I am still looking for another batt. twisted pair to test for the second B+ supply for the memory box. I have to schedule a time when I am not using the car. The schematic has been helpful for wiring.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, no problem