rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I got a message from my diagnostic device that my fuel is

Customer Question

Hello, I got a message from my diagnostic device that my fuel is running to lean. I would like to have my husband repair if possible. How do I fix the problem..P0174 is the code the shows up
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

The system is running lean in one bank only. This can be due to a bad O2 sensor, a vacuum leak, a dirty fuel injector or a bad intake gasket. The best way to start checking all these things is with a scan tool, pressure/injector tool and a smoke machine.

Thanks, Ron