Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pete: My dad's 2006 Cadillac DTS, the Stabilitrak light has

Customer Question

Pete: My dad's 2006 Cadillac DTS, the Stabilitrak light has come on. When placing on reverse to move out of the garage is acts as if a motor mount is broken or very hard shift. I am reading many stories to include the stabilitrak sensor getting wet located on the drivers side floor. What do you recommend?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Do you know which trouble codes are stored?

Do you get this harsh reverse engagement each time shifted to reverse?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No trouble codes are shown. As stated before, I get a very hard engagement when placed in reverse.

Thanks, ***** ***** getting no codes but the warning light is on. This means the tool your using is not sophisticated enough to access the ABS/EBCM to get the codes for the stabiltrack. Can you try a better scan tool?

For the harsh reverse engagement, can you watch the engine when brake torquing in drive and reverse to see if it moves excessive. If it does not then the mounts are fine. Meaning we need to go into the transmission to repair it. Do you work on transmissions?

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.