Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Can't unlock my tailgate on my 2007 ext cadillac
, my

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** can't unlock my tailgate on my 2007 ext cadillac
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my remote, & door panel buttons will lock & unlock doors but not the tailgate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Waiting for answer
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Can you unlock it with the key? You will probably need to remove the cover from the tailgate. Are you going to repair yourself? For a complete and accurate diagnosis will require a scan tool with Body DATA. Do you have a scan tool?