Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Bill, I just replaced all 4 camshaft position sensors but I

Customer Question

Customer: Bill, I just replaced all 4 camshaft position sensors but I still have the check engine light and fault code P0363
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car is hard to start 2004 SRX w/ V-6 and I had th check engine light on the code reader had 4 faults all for the cam shaft position sensor so I replaced all four sensors.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can clear the code when the engine is running and the check engine does not come back until I turn the car off then re start it.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

the wiring to the cmp sensors between the ecm and sensors need to be inspected for cuts, breaks, chafing.

the pins at the ecm need to checked for being bent

The reluctor wheels that the cam sensors read need to be checked for cracks

If all are good, timing needs to be checked for having jumped a tooth