Ryan-CTech
Ryan-CTech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Technical-minded multi-skilled auto mechanic with over 10 years’ experience in all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing a diverse range of automobiles.
18042535

08 cadillac sts and i have a code p0346 and my transmission

Customer Question

08 cadillac sts and i have a code p0346 and my transmission is shifting weird. The parts store said i need that sensor but I want to check with the professionals on here what needs to be done.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

The 2 issues may not be related but still could be. The code means Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance Bank 2. I would start by replacing the sensor. Then check your transmission fluid for proper levels and make sure it is not burnt.

Sluggish engine performance can affect the operation of the transmission but lets start with what we know to be an issue :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. how do i replace this sensor and what special tools are needed? Also there is a misfire code under that code ( i just realized) is this related to this cam sensor?

Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

No special tools needed. The sensor has a single plug and is held in by 1 bolt. Its located at the top front of the cylinder head on the passenger side of the engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh ok. can you give me a link of a good part? thanks!

Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks ill wait

Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay...

Here is a LINK to the sensor. I recommend ACdelco brand.

Expert:  Ryan-CTech replied 1 year ago.

Please don't hesitate to ask any follow up questions you may have. We are always here to help. And speaking of help, a Positive Rating helps me as an Expert so thank you in advance for your feedback. Have a great day! -Cheers

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok so it's been about 1.5 weeks and the light came back on with same po346 after I replaced the sensor. Also there is one more code po304. What's going on here? hello