Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I recently got my 2002 sls on the road i had it in storage a

Customer Question

i recently got my 2002 sls on the road i had it in storage for about a year . i stored it properly. i replaced the battery and thats all it needed the car was in great condition when i parked it but as of now the only power window and lock that works in this car is the drivers none of the other windows or locks work at all from each seperate door or from the driver controlers also the driver power seat does not operate at all on top of all of these melfunctions my heater motor stoped blowing yesterday and its 20 below zero today i was driving home from airport and it quit and about 5 minutes from home it started blowing full out and continued until i got home but this morning i went out to start car and it wasnt working again even after letting it run ive checked all fuses so im hopeing you can offer some advise thank you
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, you stated that you stored it properly - this can mean alot of different things to different people. So I need to know if it was in an air controlled environment that was properly sealed against possible varmints getting into it, as well as if you had a battery minder hooked up so that the battery never went dead

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was parked in a garage with cement floor with a car cover on it . The battery was old when I parked it so I just left it and replaced with new when I took it out there was no corosion on cables when replacing battery and I know what mice can do to a vehicle so I took steps to safeguard that including mothballs on cement under car along with traps inside so I assure you there are no mice in it
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, parked that long with a weak battery and no battery minder has likely resulted in the BCM(body control module), which is what controls the various electrical accessories, either failing, or less likely but technically possible, losing memory. It is critical that the various control modules, including the BCM, dont go without power for extended times. Even when you turn your vehicle off, they are drawing some millivoltage for power for their memory.

You can try having the BCM reprogrammed using a Tech2 dealer level scan tool and software, but based upon my experience, it will likely end up needing to be replaced.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?