Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Just had the timing chain and cadalytic converter changed in

Customer Question

just had the timing chain and cadalytic converter changed in my 2007 cadillac cts, now the gas gauge reads empty but it is full
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. It involves a software update for the vehicle’s computer and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgjlotukmho7he8/ERRATIC%20FUEL%20GAUGE.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I appreciate your help, the gas gauge worked just fine prior to bringing it in to be repaired as I said.
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Ok, good luck with it, thanks and Happy New Year. I will opt out.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

It seems on one has taken it. It seems that you might think that the problem is unrelated to the factory service bulletin. If you would like I can send the test to you for the fuel gauge, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Do you still need help with it?