Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My 06 SRX LIFTGATE will not open with the motor, I hear the

Customer Question

My 06 SRX LIFTGATE will not open with the motor, I hear the motor run but it does not lift the hatch. How can I fix this problem?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause for the type of problem you are having can be caused by a failing latch assembly. In order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Lift%20gate%20latch%20Dec%2031.pdf