FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

We have a 2015 SRX with 11,000 miles. Recent trip with

Customer Question

We have a 2015 SRX with 11,000 miles. Recent trip with luggage and Christmas items filled up the entire area to include both back seats in the "layed down" position. Approx weight under 350 pounds. Immediately we heard moaning/groaning noise coming for I believe the engine/transmission area. Once speed leveled off at 70 noise not noticed till slowing down for off ramps and turning one way or another. Once in the vacation location I took it to Caddie dealer and only thing they found was a faulty left front hub. however noise started up again last 100 miles home. Any idea the problem
thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Did you happen to notice if the noise seemed speed related?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Speeding up to 40/45 then quiet until slowing down starting around 40 or quicker stopping
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is this an all wheel drive model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The most common cause of this is the front differential pinion gear. This is a common failure on this vehicle. Cadillac has a technical bulletin for this. I would take the vehicle back to the dealer and ask them about it so that it wll get taken care of. Please let me know if you need more help.