FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Got a 2006 CTS, when turning on the wipers, the washer

Customer Question

Got a 2006 CTS, when turning on the wipers, the washer starts up and stays on after 6 seconds while the wipers are on. I turn the wipers off, and the fluid stops coming out, it happens every time. Bought it in May 2015. What am I looking at as my problem.. A module, or just the washer motor? The mechanic that I took it to, says that his computer can't get into my computer system for some reason. Why? I don't understand.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. The two most common causes of this are the control module and the wiper switch itself. Most of the time the issue is the switch. I would recommend replacing the switch assembly on this. It can be diagnosed with a voltage meter and checking some wires which is what the shop should do to find out what the problem is. Please let me know if you need more help.