Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years exp,Cadillac 6 yrs
13677702

I bought the upgraded illuminated front door sill plates

Customer Question

I bought the upgraded illuminated front door sill plates for my 2008 cadillac dts. The car is not pre-wired for the illunimated sill plates. Is there a way to make the sill plates work?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Randall C replied 11 months ago.

Hello, have you removed any sill plate yet? some had the plug for the lighted sillplates from factory if not? then in the shop we run wires tucking as we go and tap into the courtesy lamps called the foot lamps under each side of the dash, Loctae each of those lights, run wiring to them and use them to control the sillplate lamps, usually the foot lights have a dark green wire which is the power wire. if you have to factory lighted sillplate wiring, you will find a plug going no where under each sill plate. otherwise the closest thing to tap into would be the footwell courtesy lights

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car is not pre-wired for the illuminated sill plates. To further complicate matters it does not have foot well lights. It only has courtesy lights in the overhead cosole and puddle lights in the bottom of each door

with several different RPO options I was sending info on the avg RPO configs so, let me think this and get back to you shortly, I have to look at some diagrams

repair info does not offer a good picture of the courtesy light module, it is shown as #4 in this picture, if can not locate up under passenger dash, then we may have to run wires up the pillars to the overhead console and I can tell you wire colors if we go module or overhead, LMk thanks