FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

07 Escalade rear door opening or closing actuates the glass

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, 07 Escalade rear door opening or closing actuates the glass unlatch at about the 3/4 opening point consistently preventing the power rear hatch from closing electrically
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Wether I operate it electrically or manually the glass unlatches at the same point opening or closing as if there was a mercury switch inside the rear hatch actuating the glass unlatch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I disconnected the glass actuator so the hatch works so it senses the glass is closed and it works fine except I can't cant open the glass. Access to the rear is only able with the whole hatch open which isn't terrible.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. The most common cause of this is a wiring issue where the harness hinges into the hatch. The wiring in there tends to wear and short together. This needs to be pulled apart and inspected for broken wires. If the wiring is fine then it may be a module issue. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had already checked the harness with no issues.
Is there a position sensor on the lid or lift motor that could be triggering it ?
Where is the module that controls the glass release actuator and is there a schematic or check I can do on it.
Thanks

I will send you the wiring diagram shortly. If disconnecting the release button for the glass keeps it from opening then the button itself may have a short.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I didn't state I disconnected the release button. I stated :Customer: "I disconnected the glass actuator" (the connector to the glass actuator)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I disconnected the release button there was no change.

Sorry for the confusion. I would disconnect the switch on the door and see if it changes. If it stops then it is the switch. If not then it is more than likely the module. The module that controls this system is the body control module which is located under the left side of the dash.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
For some reason we are not communicating, As i said previously "When I disconnected the release button there was no change." Perhaps the wiring diagram you talked about earlier would clarify.

Here you go