Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Just purchased a 2010 ext next day had significant engine

Customer Question

Just purchased a 2010 ext next day had significant engine miss and on acceleration it sounds like there is a fuel load up followed by a pop and a rhythmic heavy sound in the engine which is intermittent and there is always loss of power. Engine light is on during problems and sometimes blinks. I changed plugs and wires because the code said 6 cylinder had a problem. Seemed to have fixed it temporarily at low rpm's. Please help.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

A flashing CEL is s sign the computer has detected a misfire occurring, thus the code you got. Since you have ruled out the ignition components. We now need to attack the fuel and compression. The easy things first, would be to monitor the fuel pressure to verify its steady and adequate. Next would be to move the injectors from the missing cylinders to non missing cylinders to see if the concern follows the move thus indicating the injectors were to blame. The next tests are harder including compression testing and using an oscilloscope to verify the computer is sending out the signal to the injectors and coils.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris